Glaucoma Home > OptiPranolol Dosage
The recommended starting dosage of OptiPranolol for the treatment of high eye pressure or glaucoma is one drop in the affected eye(s) twice a day. If your eye pressure does not decrease with this dosage, your healthcare provider may prescribe another glaucoma medication in addition to this product. Dosing guidelines must be followed carefully in order for the medicine to work properly.
There is only one standard dose of OptiPranolol® (metipranolol), regardless of the severity of your glaucoma. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Glaucoma or High Eye PressureThe recommended starting OptiPranolol dosage for treating glaucoma or high eye pressure is one drop in the affected eye(s) twice daily. If this dosage does not adequately lower the pressure in the eye, your healthcare provider may add another type of glaucoma medication.
Considerations for people taking OptiPranolol include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is applied to the affected eye(s) twice daily.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- Soft contact lenses can absorb the preservative in these eye drops. In order to avoid this problem, you must remove your lenses before using OptiPranolol and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.