Glaucoma Home > Istalol Dosage
The standard dosage of Istalol for treating open angle glaucoma or high eye pressure is one drop into the affected eye (or eyes) once a day in the morning. If this dosage does not adequately control the eye pressure or glaucoma, your healthcare provider may need to add an additional medication. To prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
Istalol Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard dose of Istalol® (timolol maleate), regardless of the severity of your condition. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Recommended Dose for Glaucoma or High Eye PressureThe recommended dosage is one drop of Istalol into the affected eye(s) once daily in the morning. If this is not adequate to control eye pressure or glaucoma, your healthcare provider may need to add an additional glaucoma medication.
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in the affected eye(s) once a day in the morning.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, you must remove them before using Istalol. Wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Istalol dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.