Glaucoma Home > Glaucoma Questions
You may want to ask your doctor these questions about tests:
- What kinds of tests will I have?
- What can I expect to find out from these tests?
- When will I know the results?
- Do I have to do anything special to prepare for any of the tests?
- Do these tests have any side effects or risks?
- Will I need more tests later?
Some other suggestions include:
- If you don't understand your eye care professional's responses, ask questions until you do understand.
- Ask your eye care professional to write down his or her instructions to you.
- Ask your eye care professional for printed material about glaucoma.
- If you still have trouble understanding your eye care professional's answers, ask where you can go for more information.
- Other members of your healthcare team, such as nurses and pharmacists, can be good sources of information. Talk to them, too.
Today, patients take an active role in their healthcare. You can an active participant in your eye care, too.