Betagan Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects with Betagan, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Worsening of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Signs of an allergic reaction to the medication, such as:
- An unexplained rash or hives
- Itching (more than the usual itching related to eye allergies)
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.
Of course, any eye drop can cause problems (such as an eye infection) if it is contaminated, so be sure to avoid touching the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye. Report any signs of an eye infection (such as severe pain, swelling, or redness) to your healthcare provider right away.