What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Betagan?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart failure
- Had a recent heart attack
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- An upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Betagan and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Betagan and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Betagan Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?It is not clear what exactly to expect from an overdose with this medication. If you happen to overdose on Betagan, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Betagan Overdose for more information.)