Drug InteractionsThis product may potentially interact with some other medicines (see Alphagan Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Heart disease
- Raynaud's disease
- Had a stroke
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Thromboangiitis obliterans
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Alphagan and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Alphagan and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Alphagan Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?It is not clear what exactly to expect from an overdose with this medication. If you happen to take too much (either by mouth or as an eye drop), seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Alphagan Overdose for more information.)