General Information on Using AlphaganSome considerations for people using Alphagan include the following:
- If you use other eye drops in addition to Alphagan, make sure to wait at least five minutes between using Alphagan and another eye medication.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye or the skin.
- For original Alphagan, you must remove soft contact lenses before using the eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them, as the preservative can bind to the lenses. This is not a problem with Alphagan P.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dose of Alphagan, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.